There is a special kind of magic that comes with outdoor, winter photo sessions. The snow lightly falling and icicles hanging from the branches create a lovely backdrop for any photo session. Along with our usual beautiful Fall sessions, this December 10th - 13th, we will be offering destination sessions in Salt Lake City, Utah! Call us for details at (409) 622-1040 or inquire on our contact page at THIS LINK. Here are some tips to make your winter or fall photo sessions go smoothly.
1. Dress warmly. You will be surprised at how often this is overlooked. Since you’ll be standing outside for a long period of time, short sleeves, thin fabrics, and open toe shoes will not be comfortable for very long. Shivering makes it hard to look happy and pose properly.
2. Wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin should be a priority throughout the year, not just in summer. Use a good moisturizer to protect your skin from chilly winds.
3. Schedule in advance. If you are looking for bright red and gold Fall foliage, your session needs to be mid to late December. This is the BUSIEST time of the year for all photographers. Book your session now to avoid missing your chance to be photographed with the Fall leaves.
4. Be flexible. If the weather isn't exactly what you had hoped for, see if you can still make the photo session work. You’d be surprised what a skilled portrait artist can do to make a not so pretty background look like a gorgeous landscape.
5. Incorporate color. Even though fall and winter have some amazing colors to work with, why not wear a splash of color to really stand out in your photos? For example, vibrant shades of blues and greens look amazing amongst crunchy brown leaves.
6. Plan your day. Taking your photos just after the sun rises or just before it sets will provide you with amazing lighting so try and plan your session around those times. Take some hot tea or coffee along to make your photo session even more enjoyable and get ready for some beautiful results.
This December 10th - 13th, we will be offering destination sessions in Salt Lake City, Utah! Call us for details at (409) 622-1040 or inquire on our contact page at THIS LINK.